Representing Clients Nationwide
When you find yourself losing the fight to stay ahead of debt, you may want to consider the option of bankruptcy as an alternative to digging yourself deeper into a financial hole. Although the bankruptcy process can be confusing and arduous, a knowledgeable bankruptcy attorney can work to simplify the steps for you.
At Chávez Law Group, our national attorneys help clients understand all that is involved with filing for bankruptcy, the full range of benefits involved, and the challenges that bankruptcy may present. We can take an objective look at your financial situation and give you valuable advice on how to best proceed.
What You Should Know
Bankruptcy is a legal process that involves submitting paperwork detailing your financial situation, including listing all of your sources of income and outstanding debts. There are a lot of phases to complete in order to successfully file, but hiring our attorneys to assist you can make the process less stressful and less time consuming. If you want a fresh start, filing for bankruptcy may be well worth the effort.
If you are considering filing for bankruptcy, you will have the option to file for either Chapter 7 or Chapter 13. With Chapter 7, most if not all of the standing debts will be dissolved. On the other hand, Chapter 13 bankruptcy is generally recommended for individuals who feel that their current or future income will allow them to repay their debts over time.
Why Hire a Bankruptcy Lawyer?
An experienced bankruptcy attorney can explain the subtle nuances of each type of bankruptcy and help you choose the option that will benefit you the most. Additional bankruptcy services provided by our attorneys include:
- Performing a thorough evaluation of your current financial situation
- Helping you understand your rights and how the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act applies to your situation
- Completing all administrative tasks, including submitting required paperwork and getting documents in by the deadlines.
- Getting creditors to stop harassing you by phone, mail, or e-mail
- Discussing the positives and negatives of Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 filing options and how each might affect your future
- Reviewing your credit report and discussing how certain actions will affect your score
- Presenting repayment options and helping you design solutions that work for your life
If you would like to learn more about the benefits of filing for bankruptcy, our experienced bankruptcy attorneys are available to meet with you when you are ready. Please contact Chávez Law Group today for a personal consultation to discuss your needs.